Saturday, January 3, 2009

new year, new blog.

i've been inspired by one of my best friends to start a new blog for a new year.

i won't even deny it, i am a bit of a blog whore. i have [had] 3 in the past 3 years - livejornal, the one on the QD website and wordpress. most recently wordpress. i found i was writing in it more for the sake of people who were reading it rather than for the sake of blogging, and so i refused to update it once the audience wasn't paying attention anymore. [not that there was any objection from said audience].

so in honor of the new year/ new blog, a real first post.
plus a cheat post to commerate my new year's resolution:



1/1/09 at 11:11 AM.
2008 was a long year.
a very long, very hard year, and at the same time, i am and will be eternally grateful for it.

i was blessed to have met some of the most wonderful people who have helped me get through some of the toughest times i've faced so far in my life. despite the circumstance under which i met some or all of these individuals, it was worth going through to end up where i am now.

i experienced the loss of one of my best friends who took his own life. the effect was devastating. i've lost both my grandparents and some aunts and uncles in my life, but i can honestly say i wasn't old enough to understand what a blow death was until daniel's happened. even though the blow was crippling, it has made me stronger, wiser, and more humble.

i learned so much about myself. i haven't figured myself out 100%, but i have enough to know what it is i value and what i don't value. some of these realizations have cost me some friendships, but as the saying goes, when one door closes, another window opens. i have learned that i do not place as much trust in people as i used to, and it is making my life easier. i am no longer slow to anger, and it is making my life more difficult.

i've come to terms with the hand that the universe has dealt me. i accept that any shortcomings are due to my lack of preparation and the achievements are due to my persistence. i know that what i produce is in my control, and the barricades along the way will only serve as such for as long as i see them as a hindrance.


this year, my resolution is to let the past be the past.
"For last year's words belong to last year's language, and next year's words await another voice."
-T.S. Eliot


and because this is one resolution that can be applicable daily - not [only] yearly.

and that is true.

happy 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment