Saturday, January 31, 2009

"addy - i'm going to think of you every time i see mittens"


on 21.jan.2009, i got to see my all time favorite band anberlin play a show at first avenue. it was pretty effing epic. i won't even lie, the whole show is a bit of a blur, probably because i waited too long to blog, or maybe because my head is still spinning from getting to meet stephen christian. either way, the most important thing that happened i remembered:

i went back to to loading door after the show, and got to meet anberlin. i charmed stephen into a 30 minute conversation on a lot of stuff like our love of ee cummings, their tour so far, their growing fanbase in minnesota, and how he spent the better part of the past year and some months writing a book. it was FREEZING cold outside, and he kept shoving his hands in his pockets, and i suggested they head on the bus for warmth, and stephen said "no! i like talking to you, addy!" and then i offered him my mittens. he was reluctant to take them at first and i told him if he didn't i'd be offended, and then he told me about how he's never owned a pair of mittens. "i grew up in florida, and i live in california... i don't even think they sell mittens in california! addy - i'm going to think of you every time i see mittens." it warmed my heart. which conpensated for my freezing hands. and then i wanted to take a picture of him for my photography project, and he said he'd only let me take the picture if i would take one with him first. how charming. and wonderful. i would be perfectly content living the rest of my life like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment